Friday, June 18, 2004

Hauz Khaus

I woke up feeling great. The night was not as hot as I had expected and the day has been fine so far. I called Benjamin, a pen pal I've talked for the past few years. I just wanted to talk to someone familiar-damn he has caller ID. I don't know what I will do with him. I would like to meet him but I don’t want him around 24/7 causing trouble and I’m sure he won’t leave me alone once he finds me. God knows why I put up with him-talk about a genuine basket case! Anyways, I met another volunteer by the name of Michael (check out his website!) who seems real nice. He’s from the Seattle area so I feel like I can sort of relate to him since I grew up there an all. I can't wait to meet everyone. I feel so much more at home here then I ever have at school. I think I could fall in love with this country. We strolled around the apartment complex briefly, it is so unlike the way it’s portrayed, no dying, no cripples, no cows and no piles of garbage (well not allot). I don't understand why India has such a bad reputation. It’s more or less like Mexico but the men are thinner and more insectoidish and it's more.... I don't know...Indian?! Well, the cook (Suresh) is making breakfast and we are going to the Cross Cultural Solutions (CCS) office in about half an hour so I guess Ill sign off. Might be going to Jamma Mosquid, the Red Fort and a bizzare or to. Later Gater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home