Thursday, August 12, 2004

Here And There August 12-13


Udaipur

My second attempt at solo travel, Udaipur, the most romantic and classically beautiful city I’ve seen in India visited in India. Although I am feeling a bit run down, I can’t help but appriciate it’s beauty …would like to return someday. Nearly all of its 6$ hotels have beautiful views of the lake palace and the rooftop restaurants are wonderful places to relax with a lassi and soak up the beautiful surroundings. The view from my hotel room was of the Lake Palace Hotel, the main tourist attraction of the city. We did not go there but we did go to the City Palace (for photoe click here) was nice. The museums were also well kept up for India and I enjoyed walking around them. The Monsoon Palace was built on a hill a few miles out of town. We went up there but it was freezing and it was not very spectacular. The best point about the place was the view that would have been lovely if it was not for the rain.