Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Last Day Of Camp


The kids waving goodbye

Last day of camp today. It was sad. I was really getting attached to the whole motley crew. We had races most of the time and gave away candy and pens to everyone. The older girls turned out to be my favorite although the little salesmen (the 7th grad boys) in the making were starting to get to me as well. The staff was hard to leave and the volunteers that came with me from Rajgarh too. The drive to Ameritsar from Dharmshala took about 5 hours and was beautiful. Punjab seems to be very clean, developed and oriented toward agriculture. The state is to be doing very well for itself. Several stores are American quality and hold international brands like Sony and Baby Fashion. The hotel we are staying in (Royal Castle Hotel) is deluxe (for India) with a doorman and plus sheets that are more on the white side then any I have seen in India before. Very spendy but better then finding a place to stay myself. We are getting up at 3am to see the changing of the guards at the Pakistani border so I am off to sleep. P.S. I had a REAL shower tonight….heaven…sheer heaven!