Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Good Day At Camp


My students at work on art projects

It was an average day. I didn’t check my email that was a first since I’ve been in Dhamrshala. Camp was productive in spit of the down pooring. I am starting to feel like I might actually be making a little bit of a difference to these kids. It sure is a great feeling! This camp is a great success and I love seeing the children (especially the girls) gain confidence and learn how to use their imagination to express their ideas. I think we really are making a positive impact on these kids. In the evening we went to a fort about half an hour away from the flat. It would have been even better with a buddy to hang out with. Have I mentioned the massive amounts of biting insects that there are here? They don’t seem to bother the Indians but they bite me all night long and leave big welts all over my legs. Bella (the CCS India head honcho) and Joggi had a meeting with us tonight and it really helped me to understand our goals and the reasons we do not bring more paper and pens to the camp…
Signing off

P.S. The fort was Congra Fort