Monday, July 26, 2004

Rain Rain Plz Stay

It poured today so work was cancelled. Thank god! I am exhausted for no good reason. After crashing for a few hours I headed to town for the daily email pilgrimage which was rather a disappointment. Only 2 emails and no one was online to chat. I killed 2 hours there and had lunch at a dingy but quiet little restaurant called the Manali Pheasant. The chicken fried rice was good but I have had better cold coffee. The waiters were rather shy and not too pushy at all. The check took two hours to come and I had to request it 3 times (I am not joking)! It was actually good to have some time to write and chill. That’s about all I did today. Picked up some cloths last night…. 3 salwar suites for 350 rupees or so after tailoring. They are not all that great but what can you expect at that price! The pants are a little tight. The man I bought my cloths from went out of his way to make sure I got a good deal from the tailor (only 100 rupees to make 1 suite not 150rs), which surprised me. I don’t know if he is just a nice guy or what but his assistant sure was nice.