Sunday, June 20, 2004

Stressed Out Continued


Mandi (Henna)

We left the park after a few hours and went to the National Museum and it was nice (air-conditioned-sheer heaven!). The room dedicated to carving had several amazing pieces intricately carved with scenes of love/religion and history in marble and ivory. We ate at the museum and proceeded to one of the larger, more modern shopping malls in Delhi-Ansal Plaza. It was a thoroughly depressing experience. Not only am I a giant, I am also obese, unattractive, stupid and unkempt-fuck. They all weight under 100lbs and rarely soar above 5'2ft. Benji called his family for nearly two hours while I poured out sweat by the gallon and tried not to snap at the stupid tittering gawking girls that were staring at me or ring their scrawny little necks. Returning to the American imitation mall he bought me a lassi and a cold smoothie before strolling through India’s version of lovers lane. We talked (or rather he talked) for hours. His father was an alcoholic and he left home when he was young. On the way home I had to consciously restrain myself from bursting into tears. The guy has a kindness to him but he’s so hard to read. <---written when VERY tired and hot P.S. Benji paided for me to get my henna on my hands (a sort of temperary tatoo). They turned out awesome!