Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Apple Cider And Monkeys


Shimla Christ Church


Hey hey! Feeling great. Lets see. I have slacked off on my journaling. On July 36th we walked around the bazaar near the White Hotel that was where we stayed in Shimla. That night we ate at the Asiana restaurant and I drank for the first time in my life. Apple cider and only a bottle of it combined with one shot of vodka loosen my steps a bit but didn't do much. It was a positive experience not that I plan on repeating it often but it was a good atmosphere. Everyone I was around was responsible and I felt safe with them. I was not out of control and I didn't feel remotely sick the next morning. I do not know about the "buzz" people talk about but all I got from drinking was a little dizzy. At least I've done it. Anyways we walked up a killer hill the next morning to see the Shimla Money Temple, which was a killer walk, but worth every step not because of the temple but cuz of the fun we had on the walk. When we got to the top it started to pour rain and a mist rolled in which gave the whole place a magical feel to it. There is this type of Sikh...they have stout troll like bodies and tend to have long scraggily beards, fat nose and are rude as any brat I've ever met. I was actually groped bye one he was around 60! I thought it was an accident until it happened again. The guy really creeped me out.... keep your eye on those ones. Oh I forgot to mention that we went to Joggi and met his wife (arranged marriage) and adorable little boy. He sees like such a natural father. Back to Sunday...we left July 4th at around 4pm and drove back to the Ruchi house that took about 5 hours. Sat next to Mr. manners. If I never see him again (which 99% I wont), just happy I have been around someone like that. I am happy. Last night Auteqa and Loran fixed dinner for the staff. The dinner consisted of corn that was the consistency of concrete, wonderfully American mashed potatoes, sturfry and cookies. Oh, I started a new GPS (govt primary school) in Kugerate village over the past few days cuz my school mysteriously "closed".. The village I am working in is called Kuregate Village. Today was my last day there. I love talking to the locals and the kids are cute (for the first few hours at least). I guess I will go for a walk. Oh-Kerani is really a neat person; I never would have guessed I would like her so much. She is a sweet girl. It is nice to be around someone with integrity who is not so judgmental as most and whom I can relate to on most subjects. To think I've gone to school with her for 3 years and never even spoke to her! Anyways, my pilgrimage to sunset hill must start.... byee