Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Family Visit


Bugs Bugs EVERYWHERE

The day got off to a horrible start but it turned out alright in the end. First of all, I thrashed and rolled around half the night because of a fever and I had the feeling that every insect in India was busting out moves in my bed. I swear I felt little legs crawling over every inch of my body. Whether it was real or imagined I can only guess. I stumbled out of my bed at an ungodly time of 4am . Mystomach was knotted and my body was wet with sweat. All the dirt and grime from the sheets that were given us seemed to have attached itself to me and a thin layer of gritty mud covered me head to toe as a resulted. I sat staring blankly at the floor, in dazed from the sleepless night I had. With the prospect of watching the sunrise with Peter, I clambered up the hill and waited. I spent the next two hours with a neighborhood dog named Casper sitting on a hillside, shivering and feeling altogether awful. The sunrise was a lousy one and the lack of someone to talk to made it even worse. I went to a family in town later on in the day and spent the day with the woman of the household. It was really great. I sat and read and write some thoughts down (and promptly lost my paper) and generally lounged about the house. It was nice spending time with a women. I was not sure if she was glade I was there at first. Maybe she was shy but when they came to pick me up early she shushed them away and told them to come back later...maybe she was as glade of the company as I was.