Thursday, August 19, 2004

Sick Among The Sick

Anyways, I did not work today. I lay helplessly strewn on the coach with a bed sheet wrapped around me as a skirt wishing I were home. I feel like hell and every piece of clothing I own smells like rotten eggs, urine and sweat. When I have given my cloths to washer daubis they never seem to return in one piece (f at all) so I have taken to washing them myself (when our flat is not out of water which is about 3 days a week). Yesterday, after nearly vomiting several times while washing the women, I was ushered to a corner bed and soon slipped into unconsciousness. I woke up 3 hours later when they woke me up to go home. The office called me and Joggy got on the line in an extremely professional and polite voice that scared me. Had someone died? I was handed the phone and to my surprise, Benjis voice came on the line. The little guy had called my mother and heard that I was sick and had gotten worried. That guy has a heart that is stronger and bigger then anyone in the world. Gobd be kind to him. I hit him countless times in my attempt to get some personal space but he only raised a hand to me once. Anyways, he told me to take care of myself and that he was concerned. I lied and said I was fine. Joggy got back on the phone and said I need to come to the office. Great, what have I done? The van came over to pick me up and took me to the CCS office. I sat through 10 minutes of lecturing from Bela and Joggi. Joggi was okay but Bela pissed me off…way to overbearing and “I’m better then you” attitude. The two problems were that I had missed two lectures at the office and that I must go to the doctor. I have been sick as a dog, laying in bed frying to death and being eaten by clouds of starving mosquitoes, what do they expect? Going to the doctor, I could not argue with and we went. The MAX hospital only took 24$ and 1 hour to complete a check up, give me 4 bottles of pills and test me for typhoid and a urinary track infection. Everyone keeps asking what has happened to me? What is wrong? Am I having family difficulties? No idiot! I am dieing, do they expect me to be miss social butterfly feeling like this?! Jesus.