Monday, August 30, 2004

A Weekend With Benji


Benji's landlord, his landlords wife and me

I was not picked up for work this morning for some reason. I spent the weekend with Benji and it was reasonably good. We went to Ansal Plaza (a sort of modern shopping mall in New Delhi) and had an honest to god chicken hot dog before heading to the market. On the way, we picked up a woman who went with us to the market and helped with the barging. Most of the stuff was junk so I did not buy much. The weekend was spent eating, sleeping, chatting, playing cards and “socializing” with boundless members of the landlords family. Today is raksha bandhan, a Hindu holiday for brothers and sisters. I am supposed to go to Dili Hote to shop at 1pm and maybe chill in the modern art or national museum. We will see.