Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Chokhi Dhani

After a nap and a shower Salim picked me up in his taxi and we went to a resort (Chokhi Dahni) about 20k out of Jaipur. I had completely lost my voice at that point and I am sure Salim was bored out his mind spending the evening with a mute tourist but oh well. The really maddening part was that I wanted so much to talk to him and all I could do was squeak in a whisper whenever he asked me anything. The resort was a lovely and safe place that I would recommend to anyone. It is a bit touristy but in a nice way. The best part was the camel rides, really cool! The poor guy holding the rope almost fainted when I let go of the horn but I felt completely comfortable and my 10-year experience jumping horses seemed to help. There was traditional Rajastani dance and an ox cart that we took and explored the resort grounds with for an hour or so before ordering an overpriced sandwhich that was left untouched on my plate and heading home.