Thursday, September 02, 2004

Another Fight

Benji and I got in a mega fight today over nothing. It is amazing how much you can fight over nothing when you put your mind to it. The neighbor guy came over when Benjamin was out getting “Freaky Friday” and asked if we were married. When I said no he asked if we had sex. Just like that! The guy did not even know my name. When I told Benjamin about it he started getting all snappy and rude to me! That totally pissed me off. The guy came over and insulted me and Benji got mad at me! I went downstairs but Benjamin had already told his landlord and I had to do an unconvincing song and dance about having to go to back to a meeting and that everything was fine. I did not want to cause trouble because the guy had a wife and little boy. It would be embarrassing for them and I do not want to cause any scene for them. This is a guy who complained to the landlord about having me to visit because I was a “foreign” girl. They are worried about me, they are the ones that are obsessed with sex and have no manners! I really appreciate the landlord (his names Shatrughan by the way) welcoming me so warmly. I left when Benjamin was upstairs. It was a incredible bad idea to leave after dark alone but I did it and as usual, I was lucky. The rickshaw driver was a nice old man. I cried the whole drive home and the guy looked worried. I do not care what they say; hotel men are 100x worse then rickshaw drivers. Benjamin followed me home and looked genuinely afraid tfor my safety. He always tries his best and I wish he knew how much I appreciate his help. If I let him know he just demands more energy and attention and I am running critically low on those. He went shopping for me and bought spice and tea. He is so helpful.